Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id> on 2013/09/23 19:10:08 UTC

Upgrade from 4.1.1 to 4.2.0 failed: Error creating bean with name 'apiDBUtils'

Dear all,

Apologise, reposting this issue since the subject on the earlier thread
might not be clearly depicting the problem.

I tried to perform upgrade of CloudStack version 4.1.1 to 4.2.0, and I am
not able to access the CloudStack GUI after the upgrade.

I am able to start the cloudstack-management service:

root@cs-mgmt-01:/usr/share# service cloudstack-management start
 * Starting CloudStack-specific Tomcat servlet engine
cloudstack-management
[ OK ]

However, I am not able to access the GUI with this error message:

=====
HTTP Status 404 -

type Status report

message

description The requested resource () is not available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.35
=====

I am getting this error message on
/var/log/cloudstack/management/management-server.log:

=====
2013-09-23 21:36:57,003 ERROR [web.context.ContextLoader] (main:null)
Context initialization failed
bean with name 'apiDBUtils': Injection of autowired dependencies failed;
=====

Full log can be found here: http://pastebin.com/0FP9itAf

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Re: Upgrade from 4.1.1 to 4.2.0 failed: Error creating bean with name 'apiDBUtils'

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.
Darren,

You are my life saver!

Managed to get the componentContext.xml file which comes with the 4.2 dist
and it works! Checking further now if everything is OK...

Many thanks!!!

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.
Hi Darren,

Posted by Darren Shepherd <da...@gmail.com>.