Posted to xang-dev@xml.apache.org by Gregorio López <gl...@wanadoo.es> on 2002/03/18 21:31:03 UTC

XANG with Tomcat: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: ownerDocument

HelloI'm Gregorio, from Spain. I'm trying to run XANG with Tomcat, for my
master
project. But until now, I'm unsuccesful. There is an error that I can't
solve:

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: ownerDocument

Searching the Internet, I've readed the message from Marius, at XANG_DEV
list, and I've found he was in the same trouble that I am. Mark sended an
e-mail to solve
the problem, with a link to a version of xang.jar for running XANG with
Tomcat. But
I'm tested it, and I get the same error.

The problem is in relationship with compatibility with xalan.jar or
xerces.jar, I think.
Could this be correct?

I write this e-mail for answering if someone has succeed in executing XANG
with
Tomcat. If so, I should be very much obliged if you would send to me the
correct versions
of xang.jar, xerces.jar and xalan.jar, or if you could explain me what's the
problem,
why an I having this error.

I'd like to know too if project XANG is still alive, because I've found  not
activity in recent months.

Thank you for your time.

Gregorio Lopez
glortega@wanadoo.es
Spain

Re: XANG with Tomcat: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: ownerDocument

Posted by "S. Mike Dierken" <md...@hotmail.com>.
I have been unable to find the time to resolve the issues with incompatible
XML parser versions.
With enough time and interest, you can pull the appropriate information from
the e-mail list - but it will require some manual effort.

Mike