Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2005/10/24 14:21:49 UTC

[RT] Replace page envelope with DocumentModule

Hi Lenya devs,

everytime I'm using the page envelope input module, it feels a little strange:

- It's verbose: {page-envelope:...}

- It mixes concerns (document info, request info, publication info).

IMO it should be replaced by more "single-minded" modules:

PageEnvelope.CONTEXT                           {request:contextPath}

PageEnvelope.AREA                              {doc:area}
PageEnvelope.PUBLICATION_LANGUAGES_CSV         {doc:languages-csv}
PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT                          {doc:document}
PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_ID                       {doc:id}
PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_NAME                     {doc:name}
PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_LABEL                    {doc:label}
PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_URL                      {doc:url}
PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_URL_WITHOUT_LANGUAGE     {doc:default-language-url}
PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_EXTENSION                {doc:extension}
PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_TYPE                     {doc:resource-type}
PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_LANGUAGE                 {doc:language}
PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_LANGUAGES                {doc:languages}
PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_LANGUAGES_CSV            {doc:languages-csv}
PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_LASTMODIFIED             {doc:lastmodified}
PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_PATH                     obsolete (use lenyadoc:/)

PageEnvelope.PUBLICATION_ID                    {pub:id}
PageEnvelope.PUBLICATION                       {pub:publication}
PageEnvelope.DEFAULT_LANGUAGE                  {pub:default-language}
PageEnvelope.BREADCRUMB_PREFIX                 {pub:...} is this still needed?
PageEnvelope.SSL_PREFIX                        {pub:...} is this still needed?

WDYT?

-- Andreas

Re: [RT] Replace page envelope with DocumentModule

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.

Felix Röthenbacher wrote:
> Hi Andreas
>
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Hi Lenya devs,
>>
>> everytime I'm using the page envelope input module, it feels a little
>> strange:
>>
>> - It's verbose: {page-envelope:...}
>>
>> - It mixes concerns (document info, request info, publication info).
>>

>> IMO it should be replaced by more "single-minded" modules:
>>

> +1
>
> Does that mean that there will be three modules:
>
> - DocumentModule
> - RequestModule -> Cocoon
> - PublicationModule
>
> ?

+1

>> PageEnvelope.CONTEXT                           {request:contextPath}
>>
>> PageEnvelope.AREA                              {doc:area}
>> PageEnvelope.PUBLICATION_LANGUAGES_CSV         {doc:languages-csv}
>> PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT                          {doc:document}
>> PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_ID                       {doc:id}
>> PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_NAME                     {doc:name}
>> PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_LABEL                    {doc:label}
>> PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_URL                      {doc:url}
>> PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_URL_WITHOUT_LANGUAGE     {doc:default-language-url}
>> PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_EXTENSION                {doc:extension}
>> PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_TYPE                     {doc:resource-type}
>> PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_LANGUAGE                 {doc:language}
>> PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_LANGUAGES                {doc:languages}
>> PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_LANGUAGES_CSV            {doc:languages-csv}
>> PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_LASTMODIFIED             {doc:lastmodified}
>> PageEnvelope.DOCUMENT_PATH                     obsolete (use lenyadoc:/)
>

> Additionally, I would suggest to add the mime type of the document:
>
> {doc:mime-type}
>
> This means to store the mime-type with the document during document
> creation analog to the resource type. By default, it's "text/html" or
> "application/xhtml+xml" for existing xhtml documents. The mime-type
> would be useful to extend the notion of a document not only to xhtml but
> also for binary formats like pdf, png, etc.
>
> WDYT?

+1
mime-type would be usefull (for webDAV to support types other than xhtml)

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Felix Röthenbacher wrote:
> Hi Andreas
>
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Hi Lenya devs,
>>
>> everytime I'm using the page envelope input module, it feels a little
>> strange:
>>
>> - It's verbose: {page-envelope:...}
>>
>> - It mixes concerns (document info, request info, publication info).
>>

>> IMO it should be replaced by more "single-minded" modules:
>>

> +1
>
> Does that mean that there will be three modules:
>
> - DocumentModule
> - RequestModule -> Cocoon
> - PublicationModule

Yes, that would be my first suggestion.