Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Varun Thacker <va...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/04 17:00:49 UTC

GSOC Prospective student

Hi,

I'm Varun Thacker , a Computer Science student from Manipal Institute
of Technology , India. This might be a bit late but I hope I can find
an idea and a mentor to work on as a GSOC project.

I learn't about CouchDB last December in a talk at FOSS.IN . I have
worked a bit on MapReduce and gave a talk on it at
(http://www.lugmanipal.org/2010/04/09/distributed-computing-and-mapreduce/
). Are there any projects or tasks which I can take up ?

I am a active member of our college's Linux Users Group
(http://lugmanipal.org/) and have actively participated in FOSS
activities in India, attending Pycon India 2009 and FOSS.IN in 2010.
In December 2010 I helped an Indian Institute of Technology , Delhi
professor in coding for his research paper on the Quadratic Assignment
problem. This march i took part in Startup Weekend Bangalore
(http://bangalore.startupweekend.org/) . By the end of the weekend
this is what our team made - http://www.makemytripfast.in/ .

I would love to be able to contribute and learn from CouchDB community
this summer.

Varun Thacker
http://varunthacker.wordpress.com

Re: GSOC Prospective student

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
Varun,

Thanks so much for your interest. Unfortunately the deadline for
student proposals has passed.
We would still love to have you involved in the community. Feel free
to sign up for the development mailing list or join us on IRC in at
irc.freenode.net in channel #couchdb.