Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by "Abou-Khalil, Charbel" <Ch...@COGNOS.com> on 2002/03/26 17:27:51 UTC

SOAP ObjecT support

Hi,
I just want to know if SOAP suports any types other than the Java types
(posisbly primitive types).
Anyone can shed some light into this issue please.. where a soap serivce may
retunr a selfdefined object or calss. thanks a lot.

CAK.

Re: SOAP ObjecT support

Posted by Scott Nichol <sc...@yahoo.com>.
Apache SOAP can work with any Java class you can create.  If the class is a
bean, the BeanSerializer can be used to write/read an instance to/from a
SOAP message.  If the class is not a bean, a custom serializer and/or
de-serializer is written.  The AddressBook example shows how to use
user-defined classes.

Scott Nichol

Re: SOAP ObjecT support