Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Caroline Jen <ji...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/26 03:37:50 UTC

(JSF question) Checkbox for Each Record in a List and Scroll Bars

I have a list of records to render to a web page. I
provide a checkbox to each record in that list for
users to make multiple selections.

My list of records can be very long. And each record
can contain many columns. Therefore, the list will be
displayed in a kind of pane with a vertical scroll bar
on the right and a horizontal scroll bar at the
bottom.

How do I put my list in such a pane using JSF?

Re: (JSF question) Checkbox for Each Record in a List and Scroll Bars

Posted by Michael Rasmussen <ra...@gmail.com>.
I would look at some of the oracle components...they do a lot with
data and tables that go beyond what a JSF DataTable will do.  Here is
their list of components.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/htdocs/partners/addins/exchange/jsf/doc/tagdoc/core/imageIndex.html

I don't see anything here that meets your exact requirements, but I
see some that come close.  They might be customizable and cleaner than
your implementation too.

You might also want to check

http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/overview.html for some components.

Michael