Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Pavan Kulkarni <pa...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/03 00:59:24 UTC

Doubt regarding debugging Hadoop Classes

Hi,

 I am new to Hadoop community and am working on a project which involves
tweaking few Hadoop classes.
To enable debugging for a certain class (say Fetcher.java) I inserted a line
*log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.task.reduce.Fetcher=DEBUG*
*
*
Then I restarted the daemon's and grep'd in the log directory for the Debug
message present in the Fetcher.java class.
I couldn't find any !!

Am I missing anything here? Any help is highly appreciated .Thanks

--

--With Regards
Pavan Kulkarni

Re: Doubt regarding debugging Hadoop Classes

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
As far as I can tell, the Fetcher class executes from within a Task
JVM. So check your reduce's userlogs output instead of the
service's/daemon's logs.

Additionally, depending on what version of Hadoop you're using for
your project, try this: http://search-hadoop.com/m/SKajPZOkJa1

--
Harsh J