Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Nelligan, Steven M" <sn...@illinois.edu> on 2020/03/09 13:27:48 UTC

weird logging issue...

I am using an outdated version of log4j, 1.2.17, I plan on  upgrading as soon as I can find the time.

I have found the following issue in the version I am running.

While the logger is running I am reviewing the results in "baretail.exe"
The first screen shows some logging errors as the script runs, the second show the same logfile after some more logging occurs.
The errors disappear.  Is this a known problem in this version?  Is there a workaround?

FYI, after reviewing the logfile, the missing information is no longer in the log file.

Thanks in advance

[cid:image001.jpg@01D5F5EC.9CA147C0]
[cid:image002.jpg@01D5F5EC.9CA147C0]

Steven M Nelligan
APPLICATION DEVELOPER

Facilities and Services
Information Technology Services
Facilities and Services
1501 S. Oak Street | M/C 800
Champaign, IL 61820
217.244.8097 | other: 217.244.8097 | snelliga@illinois.edu<ma...@illinois.edu>
www.fs.illinois.edu<http://www.fs.illinois.edu/>

[facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/UniversityOfIllinoisFacilitiesServices>    [twitter] <https://twitter.com/UofIFS>     [instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/uofifs/>     [youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/user/UofIFS>

[https://webtools.illinois.edu/webservices/js/ds/signature_logo.png]<http://illinois.edu/>

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act any written communication to or from university employees regarding university business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.

RE: weird logging issue...

Posted by "Nelligan, Steven M" <sn...@illinois.edu>.
If I upgrade to the latest and best, would this fix this issue?

It appears that the internal log4j errors are disappearing from the logfile.

STEVEN M NELLIGAN

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

RE: weird logging issue...