Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ed Hill <ed...@uiowa.edu> on 2001/11/17 03:37:22 UTC

Re: Other possible tools for paging collections (another one)

This thread has given me the boost from lurker to poster.

We have been working on something similar, and I would be willing to throw
our tag into the ring, or work with the original poster to see where there
is overlap, etc...  (I don't know the design of the original, but the
features certainly seem very similar).  You can see examples of our tag at:

   http://edhill.its.uiowa.edu/taglib-gui/

We have been developing this tag for a little while, and are now finishing
up our last bit of functionality (data exporting to csv, excel, etc...), and
will start on the documentation next.

Like the original poster, my stuff is not quite ready for primetime, but I'm
willing to package up the source and make it available after Thanksgiving.
You should be able to get an idea of our design by looking around the
example pages (and yes, not everything works, etc...)

I was hoping to contrib to either struts or JSP taglibs.  I wasn't sure
which was more appropriate.  The design of the tag certainly follows some
struts conventions.  If there is interest, let me know.

I'll post a follow up note, once I package up the source.

Thanks.

-Ed Hill (ed-hill@uiowa.edu)
Software Developer - Information Technology Services - University of Iowa