Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Allistair Crossley <Al...@QAS.com> on 2004/01/14 14:39:58 UTC

Chainsaw GUI seems to be different to those I have seen ... am i using v2?

Hi All,

My first experience with finding out how on earth to install/get Chainsaw have not been great. I don't consider digging around on mail archive boards to find out how to install good software to be very useful. Nevertheless I did manage to find some threads that have allowed me to compile and build and run Chainsaw.

I have since solved my last problem with the 0 events loaded. I did not realise I needed an XMLLayout (again another hidden post on a mailing list archive).

The GUI that I have in front of me is all grey. Earlier in my searching for info on Chainsaw I noticed the GUI had icons for the severity levels and looked a whole lot more usable. I am beginning to suspect I have Chainsaw 1 and not 2 but do not know how that happened since I got the source code from the CVS?

Could someone shed any light at all on this?

Thank you for your help,

ADC

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software