Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ketan Thanki <kt...@asite.com> on 2017/04/04 09:00:55 UTC

How to Apply 'implicit' routing in exist collection in solr 6.1.0

Hi,

Need the help for how to apply 'implicit' routing in existing collections.
e.g :  I have configure the 2 collections with each has 4 shard and 4 replica so what changes should i
do for apply ' implicit' routing.

Please  do needful with some examples.

Regards,
Ketan.

[CC Award Winners!]

RE: How to Apply 'implicit' routing in exist collection in solr 6.1.0

Posted by Ketan Thanki <kt...@asite.com>.
Thanks Anshum,

I have got some understanding regarding to it and i need to implement implicit routing for insert and retrieve documents from specific shard based on the id which I have use as router field . I have try by make changes on core.properties. but it can't work So can u please let me for the config changes needed.

Please do needful.

Regards,
Ketan.

I just want to be sure about your understanding of the 'implicit' router.

Implicit router in Solr puts the onus of correctly routing the documents on the user, instead of 'implicitly' or automatically routing them.

-Anshum

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Hi Ketan,

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 4/4/2017 3:00 AM, Ketan Thanki wrote:
> Need the help for how to apply 'implicit' routing in existing
> collections. e.g : I have configure the 2 collections with each has 4
> shard and 4 replica so what changes should i do for apply ' implicit'
> routing.

Make a new collection.  Or delete the collection and build it again with
different settings.

Changing the router on a collection is possible if you manually edit the
information in zookeeper, but there is no API to change it, because once
it is set and documents are indexed, changing it would break what
already exists.

Thanks,
Shawn