Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Brett McLaughlin <ma...@hotmail.com> on 1999/11/22 21:36:21 UTC

GenericServlet.log()

Where does the result of a GenericServlet.log(String) call get outputted?
The only thing I see close to this is serverlog.txt in the server's root
directory, but it is not getting populated with the values of calls to
log().  Could someone let me know where these calls are ending up, or if
they are not yet implemented?  Thanks.

-Brett

Re: GenericServlet.log()

Posted by James Duncan Davidson <ja...@eng.sun.com>.
> Where does the result of a GenericServlet.log(String) call get outputted?
> The only thing I see close to this is serverlog.txt in the server's root
> directory, but it is not getting populated with the values of calls to
> log().  Could someone let me know where these calls are ending up, or if
> they are not yet implemented?  Thanks.

They should be going to the console where you started up (more
accurately, they are getting shunted towards System.out).

.duncan

--
James Davidson                                     duncan@eng.sun.com
Java + XML / Portable Code + Portable Data                 !try; do()