Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2005/09/30 15:10:33 UTC

Logo Contest Update - The Final Days

All,

The Logo contest has inspired many to get their creative juices flowing
and put some great effort into designing some excellent artwork.
Unfortunately, we can't use every one of the items that have been
donated so we'll have to pare them down to a single winner.

As of this morning there are 17 Entries posted on the Wiki.  They can be
found at http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/LogoContest .

I propose the following time line to bring this to a timely conclusion.

Allow for last minute changes and additions to the logos so a vote can
be taken on a finite set of entries.  This will be a one week period
ending at: 23:59 PDT on October 8th.

A one week period for voting by members on the dev and user Geronimo
lists.  A voting format will be posted to the list to make tabulating
the results easier.  This will come out on Friday October 7th.

Give one week for votes on the final sets of artwork from 00:01 Saturday
October 8th through 00:01 PDT Saturday October 15th.  During this time,
discussion is welcome on the various entries on the dev list.  Please
make sure we keep them in a single thread.

As indicated on the Wiki, the PPMC is responsible for the final
selection but the voting and feedback from the community is critical to
making the best choice.

Again, excellent art work to those have submitted and good luck during
the final weeks of the contest.

Cheers

Matt

Re: Logo Contest Update - The Final Days

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
I don't know if the artist behind #11 is available, but it might make
it a little more PC to remove the lower left & right vertical
feathers.  For some reason, I think that would make it evoke less of
an image of a person to me.  Though it's less of an issue for the
small versions of that logo (100x30, for example).  Anyway, I do like
it.

Aaron

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
11 is my favorite as well.

-David

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
> Good.  There are some other criteria, which I will try to get from
> PMC today.
>
> Also,
>
> http://geronimo.apache.org/images/geronimo-logo.png
>
> isn't bad either :)

Then add it in on the wiki page ;-)

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.

geirm@apache.org

Re: Logo Contest Update - The Final Days

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.