Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by scott <sc...@evolove.net> on 2003/09/05 10:50:34 UTC

deploying service: "Read timed out"

D:\Program Files\eclipse\workspace\axis test\src\example2>
D:\Program Files\eclipse\workspace\axis test\src\example2>java -cp
D:\java\axis-1_1\lib\axis.jar;D:\
java\axis-1_1\lib\jaxrpc.jar;D:\java\axis-1_1\lib\wsdl4j.jar;D:\java\axis-1_1\lib\saaj.jar;D:\java\a
xis-1_1\lib\log4j-1.2.8.jar;D:\java\axis-1_1\lib\commons-logging.jar;D:\java\axis-1_1\lib\commons-di
scovery.jar org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient deploy.wsdd
Processing file deploy.wsdd
Exception:: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

--

As you can see, attempting to deploy a service using the admin tool results in
this exception - any pointers on what I'm doing wrong, or what I should check?

I searched this mailling list but the related issues were to do with consuming
services that take a lot of time.

My service is very simple, and is described in more detail here:

http://neko.evolove.net/phpwiki/index.php/AxisSendingComplexData

thanks,
Scott

Re: deploying service: "Read timed out"

Posted by scott <sc...@evolove.net>.
ok, I fixed this issue, turns out some spyware was running on port 8009! so
Tomcat couldn't init properly. But it's all good now.

Now, when I try to deploy my service, I get a class not found exception, despite
specifying my compiled classes directory in my classpath when running the
AdminClient, eg:

"Exception:: org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDNonFatalException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: example2.User"

java -cp "...iscovery.jar;D:\Program Files\eclipse\workspace\axis test\classes"
org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient deploy.wsdd

Any pointers? Is it anything to do with directories having spaces? Or do I need
to specify that classpath elsewhere for axis to use it properly?

thanks,
Scott