Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ram <ru...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/09 08:46:36 UTC

Store List of data items in Hbase.

Im trying to store a list,collection of data objects in Hbase. For example ,a
User table where a the userId is the Rowkey and column family Contacts with
column Contacts:EmailIds where EmailIds is a list of emails as
{abcd@example.com,bpqrs@gmail.com....etc}
How do we model this in Hbase ? How do we do this in Java?/Python?Ive tried
pickling and unpickling data in Python but this is one solution which I do not
want to use due to performance issues.

Re: Store List of data items in Hbase.

Posted by arnaud but <sd...@gmail.com>.
Le 09/04/2012 08:46, Ram a écrit :
> Im trying to store a list,collection of data objects in Hbase. For example ,a
> User table where a the userId is the Rowkey and column family Contacts with
> column Contacts:EmailIds where EmailIds is a list of emails as
> {abcd@example.com,bpqrs-Re5JQEeQqe/9cO4lrsz0Iw@public.gmane.org}
> How do we model this in Hbase ? How do we do this in Java?/Python?Ive tried
> pickling and unpickling data in Python but this is one solution which I do not
> want to use due to performance issues.

Hello,

i see two solutions :

1) seriliaze your email list and put in in column Contacts:EmailIds and
desiarilize when you want to read it.

2) or store each email in a qualifier of the column family contact.
ex :
Contacts:Email1
Contacts:Email2
Contacts:Email3

for me the best solution is the one because the desiarilization of this
kind of object is very fast, the second one i don't know because i'm a
beginner in hbase but i know that have to much qulifier is not good
(hbase book smackdown).