Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/18 02:20:56 UTC

]math[ please look at MAHOUT-256

I think that other eyeballs should be applied, however briefly and
painfully, to MAHOUT-256.

In addition, I propose to REMOVE the ObjectFactory{1,2,3}D classes. No
one uses them, and they would require significant API surgery to be
genric-cleaned. Since they have protected constructors and no static
methods, it seems reasonable to apply the surgeon's motto as
previously discussed.

Re: ]math[ please look at MAHOUT-256

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Sounds right

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve

Re: ]math[ please look at MAHOUT-256

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
It seems to me that the matrix classes are using the object functions
in a fairly clean way. If you are doing, well, a reduction over a
matrix<T>, you need a function that takes two T's and returns a T.

Assuming, of course, that matrices of Objects are any more useful then
bicycles for lobsters. If you want me to put cement overshows on the
whole concept of an Object matrix, that's fine. I can't find any
evidence that they are used, but I'm not 100% sure.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve

Re: ]math[ please look at MAHOUT-256

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Please.

I have wanted those to go away literally for years.  They made my life hell
every time I tried to simplify Colt.