Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/02 15:06:52 UTC

Nutch 2.0 Webapp

Hi,

Off-list me and Chris have briefly discussed the possibility of hosting a
competition between teams of PG students from the universities here in
Glasgow and @ USC. The idea is to have a competition aimed at creating a
new Nutch 2.0 webapp taking in to consideration the Jira tickets [1] & [2].
The winning team's solution would be reviewed by the Nutch dev team and
possibly integrated into the Nutch codebase.

Firstly, one question I'm keen to ask is what would the community like to
see from a new webapp? At this stage I'm intentionally leaving this
question as open ended as possible as surely there must be many different
views (Some suggestions have been provided at [2])
Secondly, is there any other Universities or teams which would be
interested in participating in such a competition? If we can gauge the kind
of interest this would generate then we have the strongest chance of having
a good crack at this.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts...

All the best

Lewis

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-841
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-929