Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2007/10/08 13:30:32 UTC

IPMC Votes when Graduating to a Suproject (was Re: [VOTE] Let Ivy Graduate as an Ant Subproject)

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007, Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> Hi all, the Ivy community has voted to graduate as an Ant
>> subproject[1][2] and the Ant PMC has accepted Ivy[3][4].  I've
>> updated Ivy's status file[5].  So this is the mandatory Incubator
>> PMC vote.  Should Ivy be allowed to graduate as an Ant Subproject?
>> [ ] Yes [ ] No This vote is going to run for 72 hours, closing on
>> Thursday October, 11th about half past 7am GMT.
>
> It is my understanding that, if a PMC has voted to accept a
> subproject, no IPMC vote is required.

Hmm, <http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#subproject>
says we need a graduation approval vote (which this is supposed to be
8-).

> +1 anyhow,

Thanks

Stefan

Re: IPMC Votes when Graduating to a Suproject (was Re: [VOTE] Let Ivy Graduate as an Ant Subproject)

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
>>> It is my understanding that, if a PMC has voted to accept a
>>> subproject, no IPMC vote is required.
>
> That is only the case on ENTRY, not EXIT.

Okay. Apologies. My bad.

>> Hmm, <http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#subproject>
>> says we need a graduation approval vote
>
> And so you do.  :-)

Well, then here's my +1 again :-)

Regards, Upayavira

RE: IPMC Votes when Graduating to a Suproject (was Re: [VOTE] Let Ivy Graduate as an Ant Subproject)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> > It is my understanding that, if a PMC has voted to accept a
> > subproject, no IPMC vote is required.

That is only the case on ENTRY, not EXIT.

> Hmm, <http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#subproject>
> says we need a graduation approval vote

And so you do.  :-)

	--- Noel