Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/06 01:45:54 UTC

Re: [important] call for 1.3 planning

On 21-May-08, at 4:45 PM, Mike Klaas wrote:

> There seems to be some sort of consensus building that there should
> be a 1.3 release in the near future.  The first step is to figure
> out what we want to finish before it gets released.
>
> The list of JIRA issues currently labeled 1.3 can be found here:
>
> <http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310230&fixfor=12312486
> >

> Let's try to get an assignee for every issue in that list by a week
> from now.  If nobody steps up for an issue in that time, I'll assume
> it is low enough priority to move post-1.3.  This would also be a
> good time to add any issues that you want to champion for 1.3.

That brings us down to 20 issues, with only 2 unassigned: SOLR-424 and
SOLR-410.  I removed a few of the "feature" issues with no assignee.

Seems like the big things that need to get done are:
   - componented spellchecking
   - contrib area + data import handler
   - distributed search

-Mike

Re: [important] call for 1.3 planning

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Jun 5, 2008, at 7:45 PM, Mike Klaas wrote:

> On 21-May-08, at 4:45 PM, Mike Klaas wrote:
>
>> There seems to be some sort of consensus building that there should
>> be a 1.3 release in the near future.  The first step is to figure
>> out what we want to finish before it gets released.
>>
>> The list of JIRA issues currently labeled 1.3 can be found here:
>>
>> <http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310230&fixfor=12312486
>> >

>> Let's try to get an assignee for every issue in that list by a week
>> from now.  If nobody steps up for an issue in that time, I'll
>> assume it is low enough priority to move post-1.3.  This would also
>> be a good time to add any issues that you want to champion for 1.3.
>
> That brings us down to 20 issues, with only 2 unassigned: SOLR-424
> and SOLR-410.  I removed a few of the "feature" issues with no
> assignee.
>
> Seems like the big things that need to get done are:
>  - componented spellchecking

I think we are pretty close on this one.