Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Kendall Shaw <qu...@pacbell.net> on 2005/09/01 19:21:33 UTC

keywords not expanding

Keywords in my files don't seem to get expanded. In my
.subversion/config file I have:

[auto-props]
*.xsl=svn:keywords="Id Rev Author"

svn proplist some.xsl

prints

svn:keywords
svn:executable

I've tried deleting svn:executable, but the keyword still isn't expanded.

The top of the file looks like:

<?xml versio="1.0"?>
<!-- ================================================================== -->
<!-- $Id$                          -->
<!-- ================================================================== -->

Incidentally, can I specify not to set the svn:executable property in
.subversion/config?

Re: keywords not expanding

Posted by Joshua Varner <jl...@gmail.com>.
On 9/1/05, Kendall Shaw <qu...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Keywords in my files don't seem to get expanded. In my
> .subversion/config file I have:
>
> [auto-props]
> *.xsl=svn:keywords="Id Rev Author"

Try
*.xsl=svn:keywords=Id Rev Author

"Id is not a keyword and neither is Author", if you check, Rev is probably
expanded correctly. If you look at the actual value you'll see the quotes
are in the property, so it does not recognize them as valid keywords.
This is a common gotcha. Probably should make it a FAQ.

... snip ...

> Incidentally, can I specify not to set the svn:executable property in
> .subversion/config?

I believe it is set automatically if the file has executable permissions set
on it.
So no, but I'm not positive on that.

Josh