Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Hunter, Bryan" <Br...@OmniChoice.com> on 2002/01/24 17:20:22 UTC

Translets and J2EE WAR files

I have successfully testing the creation of XSL translets and tested their
ability to transform my XML documents in a stand-alone environment, but I am
having trouble implementing this into my production J2EE application.

I am running JBoss 2.4.1 with Tomcat 3.2.3 and Java JDK SE 1.3.1,  JDK EE
1.3, on Windows NT 4.0 SP 6.

My question is where do I put the ".translet" files in my WAR.  Inside my
servlet and helper classes, if I try to do a ObjectInputStream.readObject()
I get:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: xslDynWirelessInput.translet (The system
cannot find the file specified)

errors.

I've tried placing the translets at the root path within my WAR, in my
WEB-INF, in WEB-INF/classes, even in META-INF to no avail.

I even tried to rename the .translet files with a .class extension and use
the system class loader but it complained that the file was not a valid
class.

Has anyone else tried this?  Anyone have any ideas/insight?

--
Bryan K. Hunter                                     bryan.hunter 'at'
omnichoice.com