Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Todd Herman <to...@apx-labs.com> on 2012/03/05 15:40:11 UTC

qpid management tools for windows

Is there a windows version of the qpid c++ management tools or a way to use the existing tool package under windows?  I have Python installed but there doesn't seem to be any instructions on how to get the tools installed or use them correctly under windows.

Todd

Re: qpid management tools for windows

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 03/12/2012 03:19 PM, Steve Huston wrote:
> Right, it's a pain unless you have the whole source tree checked out. The
> tools depend on having the amqp spec files available. I'd like to get this
> worked out for the next installer.
>
> Do you have the whole qpid source tree locally?

You shouldn't need that. There are separate downloads for qpid-tools
plus for qmf and the python client on which it depends (assuming we are
talking of the same tools here), and in combination those have all that
is needed.

They all use distutils and the setup.y script lists a 'bdist_wininst'
command which sounds liks it might be useful (I haven't actually tried
that). On linux I usually just use the install command with whatever
install prefix I want.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 03/12/2012 07:45 PM, Alex O'Ree wrote:
> If you're using the java build of qpid, you can also use the jConsole
> or other jmx front ends. You can get most of the statistics from the
> py scripts from jmx, but not all. Ehm, it would be nice if they
> provided the same data, ehm.

Yes, fair point! That is indeed a stated goal though we haven't yet
built up the required momentum to make it happen due to other activities.

Re: qpid management tools for windows

Posted by Alex O'Ree <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.

Posted by Todd Herman <to...@apx-labs.com>.