Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Guido Amarilla <ga...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/08 07:53:23 UTC

Purchase Order restricted only to suppliers in the same currency as the PO

I have this situation

Approved Requirement of products to purchase.
Try to generate a purchase order
Select USD as currency for the PO
Go to Requirements select the product to include into the PO but get this error:

*SupplierProduct not found

I found that it is because I don´t have any supplier with prices in USD.

If I make the PO in the same currency as that supplier's price it
works OK ( ARS = Argentina Peso)

The problem is that I have products from the same Supplier that are in
ARS and others that are in USD (products made in Argentina vs imported
products).
To solve this problem I should make two PO, one in USD and other in
ARS. But I have no currency information in the requirements view.

I found that when you select a product to include in the PO from the
requirement screen, it  looks up the Suppliers that have the same
currencyUomId than the PO (getSupplierProduct in the file
ShoppingCart.java)

If I disable the restriction removing currencyUomId from the Map
params inside getSupplierProduct all the prices are inserted in the PO
as if they were in the same currency without performing any
conversion.

Which would be the recommended way to solve this without affecting
other parts of OFBiz?
I see two options:
a) Adding the Suppliers currency in the requirement view or filtering
the products according to the suppliers's price currency, to allow the
creation of a PO for each currency.
b) Performing the currency conversion when you select the products to
include in the PO from the requirements view.

Is this an issue for someone else?

Guido Amarilla
Córdoba, Argentina

Re: Purchase Order restricted only to suppliers in the same currency as the PO

Posted by Guido Amarilla <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Si.

One more question (excuse me if I´m asking something obvious)

When I run the MRP a supplier is choosed for each product in the
requirement. If there are suppliers with different currencies for the
same product (or the same supplier), which one is selected for the
requirement?
Are the prices being compared by the same base currency, using the
exchange rates?

A requirement is a currency-less entity, but it has a suggested
supplier. That supplier was chosen because he can provide the lowest
price for that product. It doesn´t matter in which currency it is. Or
in case it matters, it should be possible to specify it at the MRP
process instance.

- I make electronic products. They use tens or hundreds of different
parts. In my case I have several suppiers and some products are
provided in ARS and others in USD. I can pay in any currency. A MRP
could easily generate hundreds of requirements for different suppliers
and different currencies for the same supplier. -

Regards

Guido Amarilla

Re: Purchase Order restricted only to suppliers in the same currency as the PO

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.