Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by "Martin, Layla (HP DualStudy)" <la...@hp.com> on 2015/07/20 16:37:49 UTC

Update from v1.0 to v1.1

Hi!

I've tried to update Trafodion, but for some reason, it doesn't execute correctly.
I've been using v1.0 in the Sandbox, but it didn't find a directory any more, thus, I had to update.

I've been using the following instructions: https://wiki.trafodion.org/wiki/index.php/Trafodion_Installation It first doesn't execute the Hortonworks update correctly (I followed all steps, but at the end I was unable to see anything in Ambari (no HDFS, MapReduce, HBase ...). I'm not sure, if this problem is related to the fact, that I was unable to update ganglia?
Then I've tried to execute trafodion_install, but it ran into errors. As the log file is very long, I uploaded it in Google Docs.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16ZrgwIsw_Tw5ik5sWdFFYGawCmw83aBokJALXbvY4Qw/edit?usp=sharing

Completed Execution on 1 nodes: trafodion
Results:
  trafodion - HBaseJavaVersion check FAILED [error], HBaseVersion check FAILED [error], HadoopDistro check FAILED [error], HyperthreadingEnabled check FAILED [warning]

Additional details in log file: /var/log/trafodion/trafodion_scanner_2015-07-20-07-07-44.log

***ERROR: Error while running trafodion_scanner.
***ERROR: Please review logs and fix listed issue(s).

Can you help me with these error messages? I have no idea how and where to update HBase, I've thought I updated it when installing Hortonworks.

Thanks
Layla
Layla Martin
HP DualStudy
Hewlett-Packard GmbH
Telefon +49 7031 4504682
layla.martin@hp.com<ma...@hp.com>
Herrenberger Strasse 140| 71034 Böblingen| www.hp.com/de/dualstudy<http://www.hp.com/de/dualstudy>
Follow us on: [facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/DualStudy.hp>  [twitter] <http://twitter.com/hpdualstudy>  [youtube] <http://www.youtube.com/user/hpDualStudy>
Geschäftsführer: Heiko Meyer (Vorsitzender), Thomas Bässler, Volkhard Bregulla, Michael Eberhardt, Jochen Erlach, Angelika Gifford, Ernst Reichart
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jörg Menno Harms
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen, Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 244081
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 30409072

Re: Update from v1.0 to v1.1

Posted by Amanda Moran <am...@esgyn.com>.
Hi there Layla-

Do you need to do a HDP upgrade (do you have data you need to preserve?)? I
have never preformed an upgrade as it has so many steps. I normally just do
an uninstall and a reinstall.
If you look in the tools directory of the new installer you will see an
script hortonworks_uninstaller and ambari_setup. This *should* work, but
again I have never tried this on the sandbox as it is not really setup for
that.

Thanks! Let us know how it goes!

Amanda

Amanda Moran

RE: Update from v1.0 to v1.1

Posted by "Martin, Layla (HP DualStudy)" <la...@hp.com>.
Hi Amanda,

[cid:image001.png@01D0C388.0835B350]

HP DualStudy - Telefon +49 7031 4504682 - layla.martin@hp.com<ma...@hp.com>

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 7:37 AM, Martin, Layla (HP DualStudy) <la...@hp.com>> wrote:
[...]

Telefon +49 7031 4504682<tel:%2B49%207031%204504682>

Re: Update from v1.0 to v1.1

Posted by Amanda Moran <am...@esgyn.com>.
HI there Layla-

layla.martin@hp.com> wrote:

>  Hi!
>

> I’ve tried to update Trafodion, but for some reason, it doesn’t execute
> correctly.
>
> I’ve been using v1.0 in the Sandbox, but it didn’t find a directory any
> more, thus, I had to update.
>

> I’ve been using the following instructions:
> https://wiki.trafodion.org/wiki/index.php/Trafodion_Installation It first
> doesn’t execute the Hortonworks update correctly (I followed all steps, but
> at the end I was unable to see anything in Ambari (no HDFS, MapReduce,
> HBase …). I’m not sure, if this problem is related to the fact, that I was
> unable to update ganglia?
>
> Then I’ve tried to execute trafodion_install, but it ran into errors. As
> the log file is very long, I uploaded it in Google Docs.
>

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/16ZrgwIsw_Tw5ik5sWdFFYGawCmw83aBokJALXbvY4Qw/edit?usp=sharing
>

> Completed Execution on 1 nodes: trafodion
>
> Results:
>
>   trafodion - HBaseJavaVersion check FAILED [error], HBaseVersion check
> FAILED [error], HadoopDistro check FAILED [error], HyperthreadingEnabled
> check FAILED [warning]
>

> Additional details in log file:
> /var/log/trafodion/trafodion_scanner_2015-07-20-07-07-44.log
>

> ***ERROR: Error while running trafodion_scanner.
>
> ***ERROR: Please review logs and fix listed issue(s).
>

> Can you help me with these error messages? I have no idea how and where to
> update HBase, I’ve thought I updated it when installing Hortonworks.
>

> Thanks
>
> Layla
>
> *Layla Martin*
> HP DualStudy
>
> Hewlett-Packard GmbH
>
> Telefon +49 7031 4504682
>
> *layla.martin@hp.com <la...@hp.com>*
>
> Herrenberger Strasse 140| 71034 Böblingen| www.hp.com/de/dualstudy
>
> [image: Description: Description:
> http://intranet.hp.com/country/germany/live/PublishingImages/NeuesLogoSmall.png]
>
> Follow us on: [image: facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/DualStudy.hp> [image:
> twitter] <http://twitter.com/hpdualstudy> [image: youtube]
> <http://www.youtube.com/user/hpDualStudy>
>
> Geschäftsführer: Heiko Meyer (Vorsitzender), Thomas Bässler, Volkhard
> Bregulla, Michael Eberhardt, Jochen Erlach, Angelika Gifford, Ernst
> Reichart
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jörg Menno Harms
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen, Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 244081
> WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 30409072

Amanda Moran