Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Me Self <wm...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/06 14:30:40 UTC

Environment specific configuration

Hi All

How do I override configuration of JavaEE specific resources per
environment? Resources I need to override:
<env-entry> in web.xml
<resource-ref> datasources and email resources in web.xml or <Resource> in
resources.xml

So far this is what I think could work:
- Inspired by Tomcat i guess an external config in
/conf/Catalina/localhost/<context>.xml where <Environment> would override
<end-entry> and <Resource> would override <resource-ref> could work?
- Probably TomEE specific solution of overriding /WEB-INF/resources.xml
properties with system properties -DmyResource...=...?

The latter I found in a example to configure JavaMail on openejb.apache.com.
Would this also work for datasources? And is there a similar way to
override the value of <env-entry> with system properties?

What is the correct way to do this?

Re: Environment specific configuration

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Looks like you got it :). Only thing i can add is datasources don't need a
resources.xml and are better configured outside the webapp, it also makes
the overriding simpler since you don't need to prefix them with the webapp
name too.

Romain Manni-Bucau