Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Benoit Bertrand <be...@wanadoo.fr> on 2001/09/12 21:26:35 UTC

tomcat-users.xml reload.

   hello,

   I have got a question concerning tomcat-users.xml reloading. I am
developping a web application where an administrator can add/remove user(s)
(to contraints access to this web app). This operation add/remove the
necessary information to/from tomcat-users.xml file.
   Unfortunately, i discovered that this file is not updated until the next
startup of tomcat. This is to say that to complete the add/remove operation,
tomcat should be stopped an restarted (which is not what i intended to do).
   My question is the following: is there a way to reload the user access
from tomcat-users.xml ? If not this should say that i can not use
tomcat-users.xml to contraints access for my web app ?

   Sincerely,

   Benoit Bertrand.

Re: tomcat-users.xml reload.

Posted by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu>.
IMHO, a "reload" method in MemoryRealm would be very useful though. IMHO,
using JDBC or JNDI in some cases is overkill. For example, if you otherwise
had no need for a SQL server or directory server.

Jon

Re: tomcat-users.xml reload.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.