Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2013/09/18 04:47:51 UTC

Testing RCs in a 3.0 world

We used to post an announcement to the list announcing when an RC is
available, and having a download link for it.

A download link doesn't make sense for CLI.

I'm wondering if instead we could have:

cordova platform add android --version=3.1.0-rc1
cordova platform update android --version=3.1.0-rc1

Or maybe upload a version of CLI to with a "rc" tag?

e.g.:
npm install -g cordova@3.1.0-rc1
cordova platform add android
cordova platform update android

I'm thinking the --version flag would be useful to have either way, and
that we should do the custom npm tag for the RC.

Thoughts?

The other part of this is how long we let the RC bake. If we stick to
releasing on Monday, then that's not much time at all (but makes it in time
for PGD EU). Maybe from next release onward we have a longer RC time?

Re: Testing RCs in a 3.0 world

Posted by Braden Shepherdson <br...@chromium.org>.
That is indeed what I did. You can't stop npm from moving the latest tag
when you publish (so far as I could find out, anyway) but then you can
change it back right away with npm tag. I have done this and it's confirmed
by the fact that npmjs.org and npm info both show the previous
3.0.0-targeting versions as current.

Braden

Re: Testing RCs in a 3.0 world

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.