Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by "M. D. Parker" <md...@netcom.com> on 1998/05/29 00:33:11 UTC

Re: config/2309: SERVER_SUBVERSION disappears but there is NO replacement

It still seems to me that based on customizations on the directly
compiled code, something should replace this.  I want something
that is not reconfigurable yet marks my change. Configuration files
are too easy to screw up and the synchronization can easily be lost.

One other thought is to add another token to the header structure
containing locally compiled in information.  This would provide
the functionality I am seeking and be integrated into the new
scheme of things.

Mike