Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jinyan Xu <Ji...@exar.com> on 2011/12/08 02:39:03 UTC

how to integrate snappy into hadoop

Hi ,

Anyone else have the experience integrating snappy into hadoop ?  help me with it....

I find google doesn't provide the hadoop-snappy now :

"Hadoop-snappy is integrated into Hadoop Common(JUN 2011).

Hadoop-Snappy can be used as an add-on for recent (released) versions of Hadoop that do not provide Snappy Codec support yet.

Hadoop-Snappy is being kept in synch with Hadoop Common. "

Thanks!

________________________________
The information and any attached documents contained in this message
may be confidential and/or legally privileged. The message is
intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or
reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by
return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: how to integrate snappy into hadoop

Posted by Prashant Kommireddi <pr...@gmail.com>.
I have not tried it with HBase, and yes 0.20.2 is not compatible with it.
What is the error you receive when you try compiling Snappy? I don't think
compiling Snappy would be dependent on HBase.

Posted by Jinyan Xu <Ji...@exar.com>.
Hi Prashant Kommireddi,

Posted by Prashant Kommireddi <pr...@gmail.com>.