Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com> on 2012/05/19 08:08:14 UTC

make default download cassandra 1.0

because cassandra 1.0 is not sufficiently stable, what about to make
cassandra 1.0 default download and add bottom line - cassandra 1.0 is
also available.
I seen this in other projects.

Re: make default download cassandra 1.0

Posted by Daniel Doubleday <da...@gmx.net>.
Well fwiw this is my perspecive as a user:

Software does not stabilize in sherry casks it does so by beining used.
If you don't release than it's not being used because only few use betas.
Nobody forces you to use the latest version. You can deploy latest on
your test system and watch it for a couple of weeks and report problems
back making it stable. New users will mainly want to fool around with it
in the beginning. So there's no harm. Everybody who takes bleeding edge
to production will meet Darwin sooner or later.

Point is: we are the testers.

My 5c

Posted by Daniel Doubleday <da...@gmx.net>.
Oh my this all sounds very alarming. Should I be confused? Or even the
other way around?