Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Robert Parsons <ro...@optushome.com.au> on 2005/11/03 14:13:03 UTC

inputFileUpload using excessive amounts of memory

Hi,

Sorry to bother everyone again. I have been trying to use the file
upload component of MyFaces (Tomahawk), but my JVM is using up an
incredible amount of memory to process each upload request. With a max
memory size of 64mb it (the server) would almost certainly run out of
heap space. On 120mb I could upload the file but if I uploaded 2 in
quick succession it would almost certainly run out. With 1GB of memory I
could always upload a file, but uploading files in quick succession took
the memory usage super high from 120mb,200mb,500mb! Oh and by the way
these files were no more than 2mb each, and you didn't even have to
upload a file to use up the memory, just submit the form.

Sureley this much memory should not be need to upload such tiny files.
Is this a problem with the upload component (or the extension filter) or
is it something i'm doing wrong? In my web.xml the maximum upload size
is set to 50mb and a use-the-disk threshold of 10mb.

The exception see back from tomcat is:

exception:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter execution threw an exception

org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.MultipartFilter.doFilter(MultipartFilter.java:102)

root cause:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space*
*
Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Robert.

Re: inputFileUpload using excessive amounts of memory

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yes, sorry.

link can be found here:

http://myfaces.apache.org/issue.html