Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Sebastian Schaffert <ss...@apache.org> on 2013/03/08 15:02:19 UTC

Critical Bug MARMOTTA-129 (affects 3.0.0-incubating and 2.6.0)

Dear all,

I just discovered and fixed a critical bug (MARMOTTA-129) that affects both
the released LMF 2.6 and the unreleased Marmotta 3.0.0-incubating. The bug
can result in triples being deleted in case the subject resource is a
non-local resource and LDCache is used, because LDCache ignored the cache
context when removing the cached triples.

I therefore *strongly recommend* updating to the latest snapshot releases
(I'll deploy them to the respective repositories now) for all serious
projects.

In any case I would like to recommend everyone who is using the LMF2.6
branch for his own projects to slowly upgrade to LMF 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT,
because those packages that have moved to Marmotta have been renamed, so
there is some refactoring involved. The database remains compatible between
2.6 and 3.0, though.

Greetings,

Sebastian

Re: Critical Bug MARMOTTA-129 (affects 3.0.0-incubating and 2.6.0)

Posted by Sebastian Schaffert <ss...@apache.org>.
I'll reply in English, since we are on the Marmotta mailinglist.

2.3.6 and 2.6.0 use different database schemas and are therefore
incompatible. Only feasible solution is to export in 2.3.6 and import in
2.6 or 3.0.

I'd recommend to directly upgrade to 3.0 and do the necessary package name
changes, because then you won't have problems later with upgrades. Even
though it maybe means an hour more work now, it will save a lot of time
then.

Greetings,

Sebastian

Posted by Dietmar Glachs <dg...@gmail.com>.