Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Wang Penghui <wa...@realss.com> on 2004/11/10 03:56:18 UTC

[users@httpd] About the log in httpd.conf

Hi all:

Apache log system is so powerful.
But i have something unclear now with it. my server installation hosts
many vhosts. In the server configuation i have defined the follow :

SetEnvIf Request_URI \.gif image-request
SetEnvIf Request_URI \.jpg image-request
SetEnvIf Request_URI \.png image-request
CustomLog logs/access_log combined env=!image-request

And in one of my vhosts.

<IfModule mod_log_config.c>
ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log
TransferLog logs/ssl_access_log
SetEnvIf Request_URI \.gif image-request
SetEnvIf Request_URI \.jpg image-request
SetEnvIf Request_URI \.png image-request
CustomLog   logs/domian_log vhost  env=!image-request
CustomLog logs/ssl_request_log \
"%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b" env=!image-request
</IfModule>

And if found that all the visit to this vhost would not add any log to
access_log. I have read the docs in apache website. But could not found
what's wrong with my configuration.

I could not understand why is it? Could some experienced pick me up with
it ?

Thanks very much.

Wang Penghui

Re: [users@httpd] About the log in httpd.conf

Posted by Ralf Glauberman <rg...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>.
if you define a log for for a vh, you usually don't want it to be logged to
the servers log again, and that's what apache does. it's the normal
behaviour.
Ralf