Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk> on 1995/10/19 07:43:18 UTC

SSL/Apache - legal aspects

We (that is, my assistant and I) have contacted the Department of Trade and
Industry, who are responsible for helping with export issues. They confirm that
an export license _is_ generally required for crypto software. They also say
that noone has ever asked them about this with reference to the Internet!

Anyway, they will give me an answer, eventually. First I have to write to them
and explain what I'm trying to export. That's going to be nice and easy. Not!

Cheers,

Ben.

A.L. Digital Ltd,
London, England.