Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Yu, Libo " <li...@citi.com> on 2013/08/21 21:57:36 UTC

controller data

Hi team,

I found this line from the log:
[2013-08-21 08:22:55,513] INFO conflict in /controller data: 2 stored data: 3
(kafka.utils.ZkUtils$)

I checked the zookeeper and the data in /controller is 3.

We have 3 brokers in our cluster. The broker ids are 0,1,2 or 1,2,3?

Regards,

Libo

Re: controller data

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
This log message is marked INFO since it is normal, though I think the
message content can be improved. The broker that does not get elected as
the controller will have this log message that indicates it tried to become
controller but some other broker succeeded instead.

Thanks,
Neha