Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Greg Zoller <gz...@hotmail.com> on 2000/08/09 21:13:09 UTC

Multiple Stand-Alone Instances Problem

Hello...

I'm trying to run multiple instances of Tomcat in stand-alone
mode (no Apache).  I've got two separate server.xml files
with different paths, dirs, and most importantly a new
port setting.  The file is given below.

I have 2 problems:

1)  Following the user guide directions, the server seem
    doesn't pick up the file when I do
      ./startup.sh -f../conf/server_gzoller.xml
    I fussed around some on-line docs and tried a different
    option:
      ./startup.sh -config ../conf/server_gzoller.xml

    Is this the right thing?

2)  I get errors about some address already being in use.
    What's that about?  Neither Tomcat JVMs have anything
    mapped for Ajp12ConnectionHandler because I want stand-
    alone operation.  The ports are different, so what gives?

Thanks ahead of time for any help!
Greg

server_gzoller.xml:

<Server>
    <!-- Debug low-level events in XmlMapper startup -->
    <xmlmapper:debug level="0" />

    <!-- This is quite flexible; we can either have a log file per
         module in Tomcat (example: ContextManager) or we can have
         one for Servlets and one for Jasper, or we can just have
         one tomcat.log for both Servlet and Jasper.

         If you omit "path" there, then stderr should be used.

         verbosityLevel values can be:
            FATAL
            ERROR
            WARNING
            INFORMATION
            DEBUG
         -->

    <Logger name="tc_log"
            path="logs/tomcat_gzoller.log"
            customOutput="yes" />

    <Logger name="servlet_log"
            path="logs/servlet_gzoller.log"
            customOutput="yes" />

    <Logger name="JASPER_LOG"
            path="logs/jasper_gzoller.log"
            verbosityLevel = "INFORMATION" />

[...]

    <!-- Add "home" attribute if you want tomcat to be based on a different
directory
         "home" is used to create work and to read webapps, but not for libs
or CLASSPATH.
         Note that TOMCAT_HOME is where tomcat is installed, while
ContextManager home is the
         base directory for contexts, webapps/ and work/
      -->
    <ContextManager debug="0" workDir="work_gzoller" >
        <!-- ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.LogEvents" / -->
        <ContextInterceptor className="org.apache.tomcat.context.AutoSetup"
/>
        <ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.DefaultCMSetter" />
        <ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.WorkDirInterceptor" />
        <ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.WebXmlReader" />
        <ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.LoadOnStartupInterceptor" />
        <!-- Request processing -->
        <RequestInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.request.SimpleMapper" debug="0" />
        <RequestInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.request.SessionInterceptor" />
        <RequestInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.request.SecurityCheck" />
        <RequestInterceptor className="org.apache.tomcat.request.FixHeaders"
/>

        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="25000"/>
        </Connector>

<!--
        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="25001"/>
        </Connector>
-->

        <!-- example - how to override AutoSetup actions -->
        <Context path="/examples" docBase="webapps/examples" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
        </Context>
        <!-- example - how to override AutoSetup actions -->
        <Context path="" docBase="webapps/ROOT" debug="0" reloadable="true"

        </Context>
        <Context path="/test" docBase="webapps/test" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
        </Context>
        <Context path="/gzoller" docBase="webapps/gzoller" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
        </Context>

    </ContextManager>
</Server>