Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Terrence Martin <tm...@physics.ucsd.edu> on 2012/03/09 00:08:41 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_ssl, SSLRequire, and function file("filename") question

Hi,

I have a few questions related to the SSLRequire function in mod_ssl and
how it works with the file("filename") function.

I have gotten mod_ssl to perform x509 DN authentication via the "in";

SSLRequire  %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN} in { "/DC=org/DC=mycerts/OU=People/CN=My
Name" }

The problem is that its not practical for me to use this mechanism as
the actual list of users will be very large (several thousand) and be
updated daily. That is why I have been trying to get the
file("filename") function to work. The problem is that it is not, or at
least I am not using it the correct way.

  eg. SSLRequire  %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN} =~ file("/tmp/listofDN.txt")

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might get this file
function to work? Is there a format that file must adhere to?

Terrence Martin
System Manager
UCSD CMS T2 Center
tmartin@physics.ucsd.edu