Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Glennon, Bryan" <Br...@htc.com> on 2002/02/12 16:07:59 UTC

and

Hi -
    I am trying to use a message (found by using <bean:message>) to set the
value in an <html:submit> tag. What I want to do is this:

		<bean:message key="label.value1"/>

    Setting the label works fine, but the value attribute either complains
about quoting or puts the literal <bean:...> string in as the value. I have
tried various combinations of single, double, and escaped quotes, but I
can't find the correct combination. Is this even possible? What I am trying
to accomplish is to not have to specify the same constant in multiple places
(in this case in the jsp page which has multiple html:submit> tags and the
Action routine that does the processing.) Is there any way to do this?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Bryan