Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Ryan Withers <wi...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/07 23:09:14 UTC

Pull Request Issued

Hello all,

  I think I have finished a jira ticket that was recommended to me, turning
it into a pull request.  You can find out more here:
https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3388.

The Jira ticket is here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1693 for
continuity.

The gist of the story is to allow properties to honor the standard unix
path expansion to a users home directory.  So a property descriptor dealing
with a file ~/temp.txt would map to /Users/ryanwithers/temp.txt.

I've probably omitted some things.  I'm up to 60 separate occurrences of
the FileExpansionUtil that performs this substitution along with required
tests.  I have achieved a full build of the code base and tested that the
tail file processor will allow for this substitution.

Very interested if I'm honoring the conventions of the community correctly,
including if there is any additional feedback.

Cheers,

Ryan
--
Ryan Withers