Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Venkat Ramana Karpuram <vr...@gst.fnc.fujitsu.com> on 2000/10/08 00:46:25 UTC

xml path problem

Hi!
    I am facing a problem while picking up an Xml file with an absolute
path. If I give the full path to parse an xml file, the parser says it
can't find the xml file. So, I had to keep all my xml files in the
directory from where i am running or in Java/Bin.  If somebody knows a
way to resolve this full path issue, please let me know. Your help is
greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ramana

Re: xml path problem

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Venkat Ramana Karpuram wrote:

> Hi!
>     I am facing a problem while picking up an Xml file with an absolute
> path. If I give the full path to parse an xml file, the parser says it
> can't find the xml file. So, I had to keep all my xml files in the
> directory from where i am running or in Java/Bin.  If somebody knows a
> way to resolve this full path issue, please let me know. Your help is
> greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> Ramana

Are you sure you're using fully qualified URLs ??? Like
- file:///home/pier/myfile.xml

	Pier