Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by angeloNZ <an...@nz.fujitsu.com> on 2009/01/28 04:26:43 UTC

Which servicemix components to use for my simple use case

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie with servicemix and I've walked through the tutorials on the
servicemix site.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around how to best choose
the correct servicemix component for what I'm trying to do.
Basically, I'm trying to do a simple project as best explained by this
diagram:

client --> proxy web service in servicemix --> external web service provider

I want to create a proxy web service in the ESB that would in turn call an
external web service.  The proxy web service will only forward the request
to the external web service and return whatever the external web service
returns back to the client.

My client will be sending requests using SOAP.  Can I get guidance as to
which servicemix bc and se components I need to use for my use case?  I have
an idea that I need a consumer (facing client) and provider BC (facing
external web service) for this but I'm not sure what SE component to use to
do the forwarding or in case I need to so some routing decisions later.

Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Angelo

RE: Which servicemix components to use for my simple use case

Posted by Torsten Mielke <TM...@progress.com>.
Hi Angelo,

Hhm, does your proxy web service not do anything with the request other
than forwarding it to the external web service? What would be the need
for the proxy then?

Anyway, you have multiple options:

client -> cxf-bc consumer -> cxf-bc-provider -> external web service
(no processing would occur in your cxf-bc components, message only gets
passed through)

client -> cxf-bc consumer -> servicemix-bean-su -> cxf-bc-provider ->
external web service
(any message processing can take place in servicemix-bean-su component,
but it would need to deal with the message in XML format)

client -> cxf-bc consumer -> servicemix-camel -> cxf-bc-provider ->
external web service
(instead of a servicemix-bean you could also use Camel components for
etc. routing, logging, processing)

client -> cxf-bc consumer -> cxf-se using cxf-proxy -> cxf-bc-provider
-> external web service
(your cxf-se deals with the pure payload data in Java not with XML, but
since you want to pass on the same request to the external web service,
the use of a cxf-proxy seems an overkill. A cxf-proxy would be more
useful when making an invocation to an external web service that exposes
a different WSDL)

And finally you could use a http-bc component on both ends instead of a
cxf-bc, whoever when it comes to processing SOAP requests, cxf-bc is
recommended.

Hope this helps a bit.
Torsten Mielke

Re: Which servicemix components to use for my simple use case

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes, my previous e-mail concerns the HTTP component.

On Wednesday 28 January 2009 - 10:50, John.Wang@softechnics.com wrote:
> It seems that you need servicemix-http.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré (Nanthrax)
BuildProcess/AutoDeploy Project Leader
http://buildprocess.sourceforge.net
jb@nanthrax.net
PGP : 17D4F086

RE: Which servicemix components to use for my simple use case

Posted by Jo...@softechnics.com.