Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Davide Parisi <pa...@tin.it> on 2005/10/08 10:23:39 UTC

succesfully builded but not worked...

Hy, i have a problem with my first time jetspeed installation....i have
followed all steps in the getting-started doc, in the last task, i have
deployed to tomcat (5) my jetspeed 2.0-M4 with default project.properties, i
have started the HSQLDB server and started tomcat, but when i go to jetspeed
home page i get an
"org.apache.jetspeed.exception.JetspeedException: Jetspeed Initialization
exception!"

the log of tomcat says:
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'java.util.prefs.PreferencesFactory' defined in
ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/assembly/prefs.xml]: Initialization of
bean failed; nested exception is
org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.PreferencesException: Failed to initialize prefs
api.  java.lang.NullPointerException

it's very strange, this time i have download latest version from SVC (with
eclipse) and followed all tasks required and from the log i don't understand
the problem...

can someone help me?

Thanks at all.
Davide

Re: succesfully builded but not worked...

Posted by Davide Parisi <pa...@tin.it>.
No, i don't find anithing about jdbc or database connection in error log....

Thanks.
Davide

Since there is few error message, I guess the problem is your database
configuration. Check your message to see if there is some info about your
database connection fail or jdbc driver missing.

- James Liao

Posted by James Liao <ji...@gmail.com>.