Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Waqar Azeem <wa...@itcompletes.com> on 2011/12/13 05:54:52 UTC

Re: Forum and it threads

Hi,

'threads' are nested in a 'forum', therefore, I decided to create a
column-family 'thread' with a column named 'parent'.

Is this idea matched with Cassandra philosophy? Because I feel that
extracting the data recursively is computational hungry for a site like
reddit.com.

Therefore one idea is to put the complete data in a JSON and store it in a
single column. I hope the retrieval would be fast but the only glitch is;
writing/inserting the data back to the Cassandra. Would it be time
consuming?

--
Thanks & Best Regards,
Waqar Azeem

P.S. My email to dev@cass is bounce back with a message 'This email inbox
is not ...'. Please ignore if i have made any mistake.

Re: Forum and it threads

Posted by Watanabe Maki <wa...@gmail.com>.
In general, write is faster than read in Cassandra.

maki