Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ozan Seymen <Oz...@tdpg.com> on 2011/06/17 12:35:49 UTC

Tracing Broker to Producer Acks

Hi,

Is there any way for me to trace acks sent from broker to producer? Are there any configuration settings that I can set in log4j.properties?

Regards,
Ozan

________________________________
This e-mail and any attached files are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information which may be confidential and legally privileged and also protected by copyright. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not copy or use it or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify the sender immediately and then delete it from your system.

Please be advised that the views and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not reflect the views and opinions of The Digital Property Group Limited or any of its subsidiary companies.

We make every effort to keep our network free from viruses. However, you do need to check this e-mail and any attachments to it for viruses as we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which may be transferred by way of this e-mail. We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications.

The Digital Property Group Limited is a Daily Mail and General Trust plc company.
Registered Office: Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, London, W8 5TT.
Registered in England & Wales No: 02290527 VAT no. 243571174

Re: Tracing Broker to Producer Acks

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
The "SENDING: Response ..." with the correlation id is enough, that is
the response to a sync request.
Ignore the "producer flow control" bit, that was just to determine the
context, I was not sure because the producerAck term has a specific
meaning in activemq. A producer does not typically get acks, just

On 27 June 2011 15:57, Ozan Seymen <Oz...@tdpg.com> wrote:
> Do you think I should rely on "SENDING: Response ..." line as the broker's guarantee or should I enable producer flow control and trace ProducerAcks?
>
> I thought producer flow control was more to do with "resource management" and broker would always send some sort of persistence guarantee even producer flow control is disabled. Is this accurate?
>
> Thanks for all this info Gary.

>>> pagedInMessages.size 0, enqueueCount: 20, dequeueCount: 0 |
>>> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue | Queue:DB.DC1
>>>
>>> 2011-06-27 14:15:33,356 | DEBUG | SI.DC1 toPageIn: 200, Inflight: 0,
>>> pagedInMessages.size 0, enqueueCount: 20, dequeueCount: 0 |
>>> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue | Queue:SI.DC1
>>>
>>> 2011-06-27 14:15:33,359 | DEBUG | Q.OUT.ToDC2.DC1 toPageIn: 190,
>>> Inflight: 0, pagedInMessages.size 0, enqueueCount: 20, dequeueCount:
>>> 0
>>>
>>> 2011-06-27 14:15:33,359 | DEBUG | SENDING: Response {commandId = 0,
>>> responseRequired = false, correlationId = 13} |

Posted by Ozan Seymen <Oz...@tdpg.com>.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
great.

Posted by Ozan Seymen <Oz...@tdpg.com>.