Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Timothy Reilly <tr...@prolifics.com> on 2007/07/13 06:50:54 UTC

eclipse:m2eclipse

I was thinking about the need for m2eclipse support in the maven eclipse
mojo. I was starting to think of what changes might be needed and how a
different goal eclipse:m2eclipse (or such) might be used.

Anyhow, I thought to first checkout jira and see what's been proposed in
the past and I found this patch submitted in March.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-235

Any thoughts on the patch itself? Is there anything I can do to help
test or get this or similar support incorporated into the eclipse mojo?
I am fuzzy on how mojo tests are made (last maven mojo I worked from
didn't seem to have any real tests - the jspcompiler mojo. So maybe
point me in a direction and I could provide the tests mentioned in the
comments?)

TIA

RE: eclipse:m2eclipse

Posted by Timothy Reilly <tr...@prolifics.com>.
[John Casey wrote:]

> Just curious, but have you seen the eclipse:m2eclipse mojo in the new
> eclipse plugin (it might still be in snapshots, I'm not entirely
> sure)?

Yup, I totally missed that. Didn't realize it existed already.

> I added an eclipse:m2eclipse mojo that I've been using for
> probably 6 months now, without much trouble...you might see if that
> fits your needs,

I'll give it whirl - I am sure this is what I was looking for.
Thanks for point it out to me.

Re: eclipse:m2eclipse

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
Just curious, but have you seen the eclipse:m2eclipse mojo in the new
eclipse plugin (it might still be in snapshots, I'm not entirely
sure)? I added an eclipse:m2eclipse mojo that I've been using for
probably 6 months now, without much trouble...you might see if that
fits your needs, and I'll bookmark that MECLIPSE issue for follow up.

Thanks,

-john

On Jul 13, 2007, at 12:50 AM, Timothy Reilly wrote:

> I was thinking about the need for m2eclipse support in the maven
> eclipse
> mojo. I was starting to think of what changes might be needed and
> how a
> different goal eclipse:m2eclipse (or such) might be used.
>
> Anyhow, I thought to first checkout jira and see what's been
> proposed in
> the past and I found this patch submitted in March.
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-235
>
> Any thoughts on the patch itself? Is there anything I can do to help
> test or get this or similar support incorporated into the eclipse
> mojo?
> I am fuzzy on how mojo tests are made (last maven mojo I worked from
> didn't seem to have any real tests - the jspcompiler mojo. So maybe
> point me in a direction and I could provide the tests mentioned in the
> comments?)
>
> TIA

---
John Casey