Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2008/11/05 21:17:07 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Ivy 2.0.0-rc2 released

Nov 4, 2008 - The Apache Ivy project is pleased to announce the
release of Ivy 2.0.0-rc2, the second release candidate for Ivy 2.0.0.

Ivy is a tool for managing (recording, tracking, resolving and
reporting) project dependencies, characterized by flexibility,
configurability, and tight integration with Apache Ant.

This is a release candidate for 2.0.0 final, meaning that no changes
except bug fixes will occur between this release candidate and 2.0.0 final.
Problems found at this phase can be fixed in the final release, so now
is a good time to download and use it. If no outstanding bugs are reported
in the coming weeks, this release candidate will be promoted as the 2.0.0
final release.

Key changes in this 2.0.0-rc2 version are
* enhanced Maven2 compatibility, with several bug fixes
* 20+ bug fixes as documented in Jira and in the release notes

Issues should be reported to:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY

Download the 2.0.0-rc2 release files at:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/download.cgi

More information can be found on the Ivy website:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/

Regards,
Maarten Coene (2.0.0-rc2 release manager)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ivy 2.0.0-rc2 released

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 6 Nov 2008, Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> But I think we can release Ivy-2.0 final within 2 or 3 weeks if no
> serious bugs are reported against RC2.  Maybe we should only
> announce the final release on ant.apache.org ?

Your call.

I wouldn't see any problem with an announcement for the RC that is
replaced by the final announcement two weeks later.

Stefan

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ivy 2.0.0-rc2 released

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.
that would be cool indeed...

But I think we can release Ivy-2.0 final within 2 or 3 weeks if no serious bugs are reported against RC2.
Maybe we should only announce the final release on ant.apache.org ?

WDYT?

Maarten

you may want to announce this on the ant.apache.org homepage as well.
Let us know if you need a hand.

Stefan

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ivy 2.0.0-rc2 released

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Congrats,