Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Tom Dearman <to...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/03 11:20:48 UTC

Kafka metrics

I have implemented org.apache.kafka.common.metrics.MetricsReporter and set it up using metric.reporters in the server properties. I don’t see all the metrics that I was expecting, for example I don’t see ‘LeaderElectionRateAndTimeMs’.  There seems to be another reporter you can implement and then register on kafka.metrics.reporters.  What is the difference between the metrics of the first and the second, and is it expected that I don’t see all metrics with the first.

Tom

Re: Kafka metrics

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Tom,

Currently only the client-side packages are using o.a.k.common.metrics for
metrics reporting, for broker-side metrics (including
LeaderElectionRateAndTimeMs), they are still implemented on yammer metrics (
com.yammer.metrics).

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang