Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Denis Schlesinger <sc...@ecs-gmbh.de> on 2005/10/10 13:15:55 UTC

[Axis 1.2.1] Incorrect element names of items in a list

Hi all,

I have a wrapped/literal web service whose input parameters and output
values are de-/serialized via <beanmapping>.

In my WSDL file generated by AXIS an Array of custom types in my return
bean looks like this:

<complexType name="ArrayOf_tns1_EntityTypeBean">
    <sequence>
        <element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="item"
type="tns1:EntityTypeBean"/>
    </sequence>
</complexType>

So far so good...

As you see in the complexType each item of the serialized list should
have the name "item". Let's say the list itself is called "entities".
Each item in the list should have the element name "item". In my case
they don't! They have the same name as the list :(

<entities>
    <entities>
    </entities>
    <entities>
    </entities>
    <entities>
    </entities>
</entities>

I am expecting this:

<entities>
    <item>
    </item>
    <item>
    </item>
    <item>
    </item>
 </entities>

Can anyone help me out please? Is it a bug or do I have to make changes
to my WSDD file?

Denis