Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by SARA1232007 <cy...@foxmail.com> on 2009/05/05 11:13:16 UTC

About ResourceId - 2

Hi Chris,

I need to assign the value of resourceId which satisfies my own needs. Could
you tell me which class is responsible for invoke the resourceId factory to
get the value of resourceId?

Urgently needs you help.

Thanks.

Sara

Re: About ResourceId - 2

Posted by Chris Twiner <ch...@gmail.com>.
hiya,  I'm swamped at the moment, hence slow in replying, I'll try to
get to you're other emails soon.

When creating a new resource via a factory function you should return
at least the resources EPR.  This allows the invoking code to know
what the new resource is.

Regarding the actual id creation that is entirely up to the creator of
the resource, ResourceManager.addResource provides the simple method
to store it against an epr.

The http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ac-muse.html article
holds all the information necessary for such a pattern when proxying
(i.e. an actual new resource isn't created, just a new epr for that
resource).

In terms of file based persistence, you can choose any content you
wish, the basic aim is just to keep the eprs unique.

And finally, what I think you might actually need here is when
creating a new resource ...

In general if you find something like this : muse-wsa:ResourceId its
used by / created by the default ResourceIdFactory implementation
CounterResourceIdFactory (loaded with
org.apache.muse.core.descriptor.SimpleResourceDescriptor, see
http://ws.apache.org/muse/docs/2.2.0/manual/architecture/deployment-descriptor.html).

You can use whatever you wish for a java-id-factory-class, there are
also other default implementations, but I would advice that if the
resource id is not good for you that you choose something semantic,
something which identifies that resource for your domain (could be
userids etc).

I know that I have copy+pasted this kind of thing before, and that you
have found the java-id-factory-class yourself, I hope this fills in
the blanks.

As a note to all reading, I'm low on resource at the moment, and - as
I'm sure many other committers do - I do this in my free time, so
please excuse late answers and the current glacial pace of
development.

cheers,
Chris