Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> on 2010/02/02 16:44:45 UTC

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for February 2010 ("Subversion Developers" )

Greg: I think we want to submit for graduation, or do we want to hold
off until March?

The only issue raised on general@i.a.o was about JavaHL package names,
and I'm confident that we're aware of the issue and will resolve it as
best as we can in line with ASF guidelines.  So, I see no real
blockers at this time...  -- justin

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
On Feb 2, 2010, at 10:01 AM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Bert Huijben <be...@vmoo.com> wrote:
>> Should we hold the graduation process on the javahl api changes, or
>> can we
>> just continue that?
>>
>> I would guess that we should have it fixed before release, but that
>> it
>> doesn't hold the graduation...?
>
> I do not see a need to hold graduation until this is fixed in trunk
> (or a release).
>
> As Greg has pointed out before, the key bit - from the Incubator and
> Board levels - is that there is appropriate oversight being performed
> by the appropriate people.  With those hats on, I'm very very
> comfortable that is the case.  -- justin

The subversion project has shown that it gets the Apache way. Voting
new committers, voting releases, etc.

There's adequate oversight by folks who know how things are supposed
to work.

If the project promises to fix the Java package names by a release
certain (not some arbitrary sometime in future), I'm satisfied.

Craig

Craig L Russell
Assistant Secretary, Apache Software Foundation
Chair, OpenJPA PMC
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for February 2010 ("Subversion Developers" )

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 21:34, Hyrum K. Wright
<hy...@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2010, at 11:14 AM, Greg Stein wrote:

>>> I do not see a need to hold graduation until this is fixed in trunk
>>> (or a release).
>>>
>>> As Greg has pointed out before, the key bit - from the Incubator and
>>> Board levels - is that there is appropriate oversight being performed
>>> by the appropriate people.  With those hats on, I'm very very
>>> comfortable that is the case.  -- justin
>>
>> Agreed. We know the issue, and we will get it closed out before
>> release. As you point out, we have demonstrated appropriate oversight
>> and responsibility, just like any other Apache project, to get issues
>> like this handled.
>>
>> I need to update the podling's status page, and then I'll call for a
>> vote on general@incubator.
>
> Greg,
> Did you have an idea of when you were planning on starting this discussion / vote?  (I assume you can still get bits in and out of northern Virginia... :P )

I was hoping to do it tomorrow. Before calling the vote, I want to
update the incubator status page. Then start the vote.

Cheers,
-g

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for February 2010 ("Subversion Developers" )

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
On Feb 2, 2010, at 11:14 AM, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 13:01, Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Bert Huijben <be...@vmoo.com> wrote:
>>> Should we hold the graduation process on the javahl api changes, or can we
>>> just continue that?
>>>
>>> I would guess that we should have it fixed before release, but that it
>>> doesn't hold the graduation...?
>>
>> I do not see a need to hold graduation until this is fixed in trunk
>> (or a release).
>>
>> As Greg has pointed out before, the key bit - from the Incubator and
>> Board levels - is that there is appropriate oversight being performed
>> by the appropriate people.  With those hats on, I'm very very
>> comfortable that is the case.  -- justin
>
> Agreed. We know the issue, and we will get it closed out before
> release. As you point out, we have demonstrated appropriate oversight
> and responsibility, just like any other Apache project, to get issues
> like this handled.
>
> I need to update the podling's status page, and then I'll call for a
> vote on general@incubator.

Greg,
Did you have an idea of when you were planning on starting this discussion / vote?  (I assume you can still get bits in and out of northern Virginia... :P )

-Hyrum

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for February 2010 ("Subversion Developers" )

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@vmoo.com>.

	Bert